the kenyons

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kindergarten

this is my last catch up post!!!

my baby is no longer my baby! Kaya started kindergarten this year and I am grieving not having her at home with me! She is super happy and loves to go each day. I have attached pictures of our first walk to school and her first time sitting at the carpet. She had Mrs. Jones to start with, but then was switched to Mrs. Ilett's class - this was quite traumatic - she had become quite attached to Mrs. Jones. She survived however BUT Mrs. Ilett goes on maternity leave in 6 weeks!

Some funnies from that first day ...

Mrs Jones said " we are going to the good morning song. do any of you know it?"

some randow child "how am I supposed to know it, this is my first day ever!!!"


Mrs Jones was calling out a child's name and got no answer - this had happened a couple of times, the kids were quite distracted and nervous at their first roll call:) She said "so evan didn't answer, are the parents here?"

another random child said "yup, they are."

Mrs Jones said "I know there are parent's here, but are evan's parents here?"

the same child said "Oh, I don't know, but my mom is here and her name is Irene and she is wearing a green shirt and black pants. she works at a dentist's office."

I am certain he would have continued to go on and on had Mrs Jones not - in the skillful kindergarten teacher manner - redirected the child and moved on!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger John and Tamsen said...

Oh, she looks so grown up!

October 20, 2008 at 5:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home