the kenyons

Sunday, November 23, 2008

ABDC tour

I went with Emily Leavitt and Candise Christensen to America's Best Dance Crew's Tour in October. It was SO AWESOME! In my secret life, I have always wanted to be a B-Girl and so it has become a bit of an obsession of mine ... I watch how-to vids on youtube at home all the time and then practice ... so my children think that dancing consists of stalls and breakdancing :) I am sad and pathetic and I act like I am 12, but it is so much fun!


This is part of the Mamalicious Crew representin' on the block ... as you can see, I have challenges with my hardcore face!!! I practice that too :)
This is the first stall we learned (thanks Jenn Vanderhaegan Merrill) for teaching me this one way back in the day!

This is the Mamalicious Crew on Halloween, Jabbawockeez style (they are the BEST crew ever from ABDC!!!!)

Now to pictures/video from the event :)
This first one is Jabbas - notice the boy band tribute in the middle :) also the lights made it hard for the camera to keep focused. And some times Candise got a bit excited and the camera started shaking!!!




And here we are on Thanksgiving Day(leaving all our families behind to go to a dance concert and scream like we are 15!

Representin'!! (I am looking slightly more hardcore here!)


Mid-scream :)
Word!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I cannot fully express my delight to see this post. I LOVE to see Mormon mommies who break mold. Really! How many mormon mommies secretly want to be B-girls and then actually form a group and dress up? Made my day!

Melissa

November 24, 2008 at 7:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home