the kenyons

Friday, April 6, 2007

RENOS!!

Here we are at the beginning of renos. Our friends, the Butlers, here in Whitecourt (really they are the reason we are able to stay here!) are going to France and they have so kindly let us stay there while they are gone, which happens to be right when we need it so the kids and I are out of Mike's way. I would love to help Mike but I can't keep my mouth shut and he needs quiet and efficiency ... plus we work in totally different ways ... I need to do one thing at a time - like clean out all the kitchen cupboards and everything first. He likes to do many things at a time, like when I am going along taking stuff out of cupboards, he takes down the cupboard as soon as it is empty, while I move on to the next cupboard. It is impossible for us to work together on this and I KNOW IT!! So we will be taking a hiatus at the Butlers and he will work here all alone!!





Here are some kitchen shots of before. These were taken right in the middle of making supper and doing dishes (see I can multi-task in some areas - just not construction) so don't mind the mess and stuff.



So this is our kitchen sink about which I commonly joke that it is going to fall through the counter top. From the left picture, you can see how the faucet tips into the sink. The right picture shows how it should sit.

It is all rotted under that as the sink is not sealed and the water that spills on the counter just flows to the cupboard beneath the sink.
This is our counter top, which at some point was just green, until someone decided to cover up the cut marks with some of that textured spray paint. When it gets wet, it comes off, which is what you see below. I just scrap a bit more off as it gets wet :) I can't put any food down becasue if I do, it comes up with the paint on it!


These are just shots of the kitchen before so you have something to see after. It will be brand new cupbaords, Mike will dry-wall and lay laminate so it will be revamped!



You can see where Mike has already moved a wall and we are storing the ready to assemble cabinets.

Anyway, now it in pieces and we are just waiting until we can get into the Butlers house. I am doing dishes in the bathroom and trying to keep the kids interested in our bedrooms with all our kitchen stuff in it instead o being interested in what is going on in the kitchen :) Wish me luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home