the kenyons

Thursday, June 28, 2007

funny things we say

My camera batteries are dead and I have been meaning to charge them for weeks ... i am putting them in the charger as we speak ... instead, I will tell you some of the funny things we have heard in our house.

So we are trying to establish some independence in Kaya - she has always been super independent, but she has this issue with the "potty". So she CAN go all by herself, but everytime she has to go, she wants one of us to "help" her. This consists of her doing it all and either Mike or I watching - basically keeping her company. It is a bit frustrating as I know she can do it all alone!!! The other day I was making meatballs and so my hands were gooey up to the elbows (I am not the neatest chef) and she had to go. I convinced her that I couldn't go because of the raw meat all over me and so she would have to go alone ... "Okay" she says - I thought "Wow, that was easy". She immediately turns around and grabs Keidis and says "You can help me!" Kind of defeats the purpose, but I thought it was cute!! I did have to go in though when I heard her say "Okay, Keidis, here's the toilet paper, you can wipe my bum." AAGGHHH!!!

Another sweet thing was when we were about to have our weekly Family Home Evening last Monday, Kaya was having a bit of a temper tantrum ... I can't remember why she was so upset, I just know she was. When it was time to say the prayer, she said "Please help me not to be cranky and for mama to have a patient time." So sweet!!

Anyway, it is always fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home