the kenyons

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Kaya's 4th birthday

So we had our dinosaur party. It was great fun! We made dino egg invites - I will post a picture of those in a bit. We had a pink little foot cake (from Land Before Time) as per Kaya's request. She made her guest list. My Cub pack had made pinatas last week, so we made little paper mache dino egg with small dinosaurs inside. Then the kids who came painted them and did some colouring. We opened the gifts, had some lunch and broke a big dinosaur egg pinata - the party was on May 5th after all - which is Cinco de Mayo - you really have to have the pinata. Here are some pics.


Keidis helping to open presents.

Pink Little Foot Cake - made mostly by Karyn Butler, assisted by me.

Here are the kids colouring, waiting for the hot dogs. She invited Beth, Sarah, and Brittney Butler, Alaina Kuehn, Lincoln Jones, and Jayne Vos (and Ashley and Sammy who couldn't come).
Kaya's presents.

Kaya loves her cake.
Here's Kaya swiping at the pinata - I had to put some tape on it so the weight of the treats wouldn't tear through the egg. That's what I get for having eight-year old boys make my pinata (oh those cubs - yes, I am a cub leader - Akela actually!)
And here is Mike taking a break after putting the new swing set together - thanks to granddaddy we now have something to do in our back yard. It is so exciting!!
That's all for now!
Oh yeah, by the way, it snowed on May 4th - did I mention how much I love long winters?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenie said...

Thanks for inviting Lincoln to the party, he had a great time!

May 6, 2007 at 3:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home